Thursday, June 4, 2009

Week 32

Week 32 - Well, it's been a busy week so far. We began the week at Grady's baptism, Monday I went for the dreaded three-hour glucose test, Tuesday we headed to Mountain View Golf Course for Emily's Graduation/Birthday party, and yesterday I went to the ob. The baptism was nice, and it was very special to be godparents. We even got authentic certificates. hehe. The glucose test was horrific - I look like a drug addict because my arms are so bruised. But ... (surprise!) the results came back normal and I don't have to prick my fingers anymore! yaaay! I'm supposed to "not go crazy" with my diet, but apparently I am not officially diabetic. wahoo! Tuesday was bittersweet. I started watching Emily when I was 18, and she was in third grade. Now she is 18, and in the same place I was when I met her (except she's brilliant and going to Cornell and I was headed to Mercer, lol). There was a slideshow, and I was in it, short hair, bangs, and all. haha. It was great to see the girls, but it got me a little down, because the reality of how fast time is going by really got to me. Anyway, on Wednesday I went to the doctor, and they did a non-stress test. Basically they hooked up a fetal monitor to my belly - one monitor on the baby's heartbeat and the other on my uterus. Plus, I had to press a fancy button each time he moved so they could track his movement. Turns out that he's fine, but I was having small (painless) contractions. This got me sent to Labor & Delivery, where they hooked me up again and fed me. I had one more contraction, and they did an internal. The doctor said, "Your cervix is closed. Go home. Rest, drink lots of water. Don't come back for at least six weeks." LOL. It freaked me out a little, but I guess it's just a sign that I need to slow down even more. Below are some pics from the eventful week thus far ...


Emily & me. (same color hair! lol)


Grady's baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment